Top Stories

Thursday, May 14, 2020

White House Fires Back At Hillary Clinton Over Claims Trump Admin Is Trying To Move November Election

Failed 2016 Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton tried to fan the flames of conspiracy Wednesday, tweeting out a warning that senior Trump White House advisor Jared Kushner was part of a team exploring the possibility of moving the November presidential elections, and now the White House is firing back.

Kushner responded to a question from a TIME Magazine reporter Wednesday, asking whether the White House was exploring the possibility of delaying the November election out of concern over coronavirus. The White House, of course, has largely opposed Democrats’ plans to create an entirely by-mail voting system, forcing Americans to cast their ballots and send them to state election officials, who have never processed millions of ballots at one time.

“When asked if there was a chance the presidential election could be postponed past November 3 due to the pandemic, Kushner said that isn’t his decision,” TIME Magazine reported.

“I’m not sure I can commit one way or the other, but right now that’s the plan,” Kushner replied, indicating that the White House had no current plans to ask Congress to move the election.

Although it went unreported, Kushner’s comments continued, making it clear the White House had no plans to ask for any future shutdowns, let alone of voting systems: “Hopefully by the time we get to September, October, November, we’ve done enough work with testing and with all the different things we’re trying to do to prevent a future outbreak of the magnitude that would make us shut down again.”

Leftists on social media took Kushner’s comments as a warning signal that the Trump administration was, in fact, exploring the possibility of delaying elections, and Hillary Clinton, who has been regularly suggesting that President Donald Trump is engaged in a conspiracy to keep the White House, even though there should be a 2020 presidential contest, zeroed in.

“I can’t believe I have to write this sentence, but the president’s son-in-law doesn’t get to decide when the election is,” Clinton wrote, linking an article about Kushner’s response.

Clinton was scalded on Twitter, by no less than Kushner’s own advisor, Avi Berkowitz, who fired back, “He literally said: ‘It’s not my decision to make.'”

Kushner clarified his own answer in a statement issued Wednesday night: “I have not been involved in, nor am I aware of, any discussions about trying to change the date of the presidential election.”

The White House, of course, has no power to move the election, regardless. The date of the presidential election — the first Tuesday after the first Monday in November — is set by Congressional edict and can only be changed by another Congressional edict. Even if President Trump wanted to postpone the election, both houses of Congress would have to agree, and there’s little chance Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) would assent to such a plan.

That hasn’t stopped Clinton and others, including former Vice President-turned-2020 Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden, from suggesting Trump is conspiring to take dictatorial control. Biden, in an interview last month said that, “Mark my words, I think [Trump] is going to try to kick back the election somehow — come up with some rationale why it can’t be held.”

The Daily Wire, headed by bestselling author and popular podcast host Ben Shapiro, is a leading provider of conservative news, cutting through the mainstream media’s rhetoric to provide readers the most important, relevant, and engaging stories of the day. Get inside access to The Daily Wire by becoming a member.  

Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Clash Over Gerrymandering Back at Missouri Legislature


Clash Over Gerrymandering Back at Missouri Legislature JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. -- A showdown on gerrymandering is expected over a proposed initiative that would gut the "fair maps" rules passed by Missouri voters just two years ago. In 2018, Amendment 1 put the redistricting process in the hands of a nonpartisan demographer. ...(Read More)

Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Dr. Anthony Fauci to warn of 'needless suffering and death' if U.S. reopens too soon

Dr. Anthony Fauci, a key member of the White House coronavirus task force, plans to tell the Senate health committee on Tuesday that the U.S. risks "needless suffering and death" if the country reopens too quickly amid the coronavirus pandemic.

Dr. Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and ...

Monday, May 11, 2020

BREAKING: Iran Accidentally Opens Fire On An Iranian Military Ship, Dozens Of Iranian Sailors Reportedly Dead

Dozens of Iranian sailors were reportedly killed during the early morning hours on Monday after an Iranian destroyer accidentally opened fire on another Iranian destroyer.

“Dozens of sailors in Iran’s Navy were killed early Monday after a on-board missile was accidentally shot from one destroyer and hit another,” The Jerusalem Post reported. “During a military drill, a C-802 missile was fired toward another Iranian Navy destroyer, striking it and causing extensive damage, the reports said.”

“Some 40 naval service members were missing after the incident, local media outlets reportedly said,” according to Haaretz. “Iran’s Fars semi-official news agency meanwhile said one person was killed and several injured during a naval exercise.”

The news comes after tensions between the U.S. Navy and the Iranian Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps Navy (IRGCN), which is a designated terrorist organization, increased last month when 11 Iranian gun boats swarmed a U.S. destroyer in the region.

The U.S. Navy said in a statement at the time:

On April 15, eleven Iranian Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps Navy (IRGCN) vessels repeatedly conducted dangerous and harassing approaches of the USS Lewis B. Puller (ESB 3), USS Paul Hamilton (DDG 60), USS Firebolt (PC 10), USS Sirocco (PC 6), USCGC Wrangell (WPB 1332) and USCGC Maui (WPB 1304) while the U.S. vessels were conducting joint integration operations with U.S. Army AH-64E Apache attack helicopters in the international waters of the North Arabian Gulf.

The IRGCN vessels repeatedly crossed the bows and sterns of the U.S. vessels at extremely close range and high speeds, including multiple crossings of the Puller with a 50 yard closest point of approach (CPA) and within 10 yards of Maui’s bow.

The U.S. crews issued multiple warnings via bridge-to-bridge radio, five short blasts from the ships’ horns and long-range acoustic noise maker devices, but received no response from the IRGCN.

After approximately one hour, the IRGCN vessels responded to the bridge-to-bridge radio queries, then maneuvered away from the U.S. ships and opened distance between them.

The IRGCN’s dangerous and provocative actions increased the risk of miscalculation and collision, were not in accordance with the internationally recognized Convention on the International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea (COLREGS) “rules of the road” or internationally recognized maritime customs, and were not in accordance with the obligation under international law to act with due regard for the safety of other vessels in the area.

The U.S. Navy, Coast Guard, Marines and Army have been conducting joint interoperability operations in the North Arabian Gulf since late March.

U.S. naval forces continue to remain vigilant and are trained to act in a professional manner, while our commanding officers retain the inherent right to act in self-defense.

Trump later responded to the incident by saying, “I have instructed the United States Navy to shoot down and destroy any and all Iranian gunboats if they harass our ships at sea.”

This is a breaking news story, refresh the page for updates.

The Daily Wire, headed by bestselling author and popular podcast host Ben Shapiro, is a leading provider of conservative news, cutting through the mainstream media’s rhetoric to provide readers the most important, relevant, and engaging stories of the day. Get inside access to The Daily Wire by becoming a member.

Sunday, May 10, 2020

Fauci, Two Other Top Members Of Task Force Enter Quarantine After Possible Coronavirus Exposure

Dr. Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, and two other top scientific members of the White House Coronavirus Task Force have entered self-quarantines after coming into contact with or being near someone who has tested positive for the coronavirus.

The other two officials who have entered self-quarantine are Dr. Robert Redfield, the director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and Dr. Stephen Hahn, the commissioner of the Food and Drug Administration.

“The actions come after the disclosure on Friday that Vice President Mike Pence’s press secretary, Katie Miller, tested positive for the virus,” The New York Times reported. “Ms. Miller has attended numerous meetings of the White House’s coronavirus task force, which also includes Dr. Redfield, Dr. Hahn and Dr. Fauci.”

The news also comes after the White House said this week that a military aide, who was described as a valet for President Donald Trump, also tested positive for the coronavirus.

“The president’s physician and White House operations continue to work closely to ensure every precaution is taken to keep the president, first family and the entire White House complex safe and healthy at all times,” White House spokesman Judd Deere said. “In addition to social distancing, daily temperature checks and symptom histories, hand sanitizer, and regular deep cleaning of all work spaces, every staff member in proximity to the president and vice president is being tested daily for covid-19 as well as any guests.”

“The Secret Service has 11 active cases of the coronavirus and 23 employees who have recovered, current and former government officials said Friday, but it was unclear whether any were agents or served in the White House,” The New York Times said in a separate report. “The service, which has 150 offices across the country responsible for protecting a variety of dignitaries and investigating financial crimes, also has 60 others undergoing self-quarantine.”

A White House memo reportedly said that the White House will receive “heightened levels of daily cleaning” during this time and that anyone who leaves the Washington, D.C., area must quarantine themselves for two weeks.

The news comes as states across the U.S. are slowly starting reopen after being shutdown in an attempt to slow the spread of the coronavirus pandemic, which originated in Wuhan, China.

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy announced on Thursday that Republican members of Congress had launched a “China Task Force” to address a wide variety of threats posed by communist China.

McCarthy highlighted some of China’s actions during the pandemic:

  • Hid the severity of the virus and manipulated statistics, leaving the world reeling from a global pandemic
  • Still refuses to allow international experts to investigate or share viral samples with the scientific community
  • Forced the disappearance of whistleblowers
  • Is carrying out a comprehensive propaganda campaign to spread misinformation
  • Leveraged its supply chain monopoly for global influence

This is a breaking news story, refresh the page for updates.

The Daily Wire, headed by bestselling author and popular podcast host Ben Shapiro, is a leading provider of conservative news, cutting through the mainstream media’s rhetoric to provide readers the most important, relevant, and engaging stories of the day. Get inside access to The Daily Wire by becoming a member.

Our Latest Video

Infowars

ZeroHedge

The Gateway Pundit

SHTF Plan

The Federalist Papers

Breitbart

CNS News

Information Liberation

American Military News

The New American

The Daily Caller

The Economic Collapse

I Love My Freedom

LifeZette

The Daily Signal

Daily Wire

One America News Network

Summit News

The Truth About Guns